Friday, January 23, 2015

Hunting the Elements

Think Past: A few things I knew about The Periodic Table are that the atomic number is the amount of protons and the amount of electrons. I knew that there are different "sections/groups" on the table. I knew that Mendeleev created the Periodic Table too. Another thing is that I knew there were 118 elements on the table.
Think Present: I learned some things from Hunting the Elements, like that gold doesn't ever rust. Also coppers melting point is 1983ºF. People keep trying to create new elements but sometimes they don't last for more than 10 seconds. I also learned that Uranium is used for nuclear properties.
Think Future: Things I want to know are how did they know how many protons and electrons make up an element? What would happen if you put every element together? What caused Mendeleev to make this discovery? Can we ever run out of all the elements on the table?

No comments:

Post a Comment